4.03.2006

It's been a long time.

It has been far too long since I have written, and much has happened. About two weekends ago, Carrie and I went to a music festival in Lake Placid, NY. Besides hearing some really great bands, we also got in some skiing. I haven't gone skiing since my junior year in high school and I was a little worried about how I would perform, but it turns out skiing is kind of like riding a bike. Two runs down the bunny hill to brush up on my turns and I was ready...or so I thought. We were also with 2 of Carrie's friends who snow board and were much more experienced than the two of us. They suggested Carrie and I try out a run they had just come off of and so we agreed. Turns out it was a blue and pretty icy. I lost my edge pretty early on in the run and ended up taking a really hard fall on my hip. Everything is fine now, but I was definitely in a bit of pain for about a week from it. However, besides one other fall I managed to stay on my feet for the remainder of the trip.

Carrie and I on the lift up Mt. Whiteface.

Last Weekend

I was lucky enough to have visitors last weekend and we managed to have a very good time. Danna and Lori flew in for their spring break. The first night they were in we went over to Greg's house so that Danna and Lori could begin to meet "the gang." Greg and Adam proved to be the only people in town, but the 5 of us had a really fun night. The next day I took the girls into the city for a day of shopping and sight seeing. It was also Lori's birthday and so that night we went out to eat to Legal Seafoods for a really great dinner. The following day we did my shopping, this time at the outlet mall and then Danna and Lori got to meet the rest of my friends. We tried to play power hour, but no one was really watching the clock and so it just turned into a night of fun and games. Things probably got a little crazy, but that's to be expected when your hanging out with my group of friends. We all have a pretty stressful job and so we have definitely learned the meaning of working hard and playing hard. The girls' visit was great, but left me very exhausted. Luckily I only had to work for a week and now I'm on vacation. I'm currently sitting in the O'Hare airport waiting for my plane which is now delayed for at least 90 mins.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home